Pre-K / CGS Program
Joy-Filled Learning and Play
It is our sincere hope to provide a joyful experience for your children. We want to assist you with developing in them a spirit of wonder for the things of God’s complex world while they learn to play and work with one another. Together we will lead them toward the end for which they were created – eternal happiness in Heaven.
Pre-K is Customizable to Fit Your Family:
- 3 to 5 years old
- 2 day, 3 day, or 5 day
- Full or half school day
Our Catechesis of the Good Shepherd program takes place on Wednesdays from 8:00-10:00 a.m. and is included with Wednesday morning Pre-K enrollment. CGS is also available as a stand-alone experience.
More About Our Pre-K Program
The goal of Holy Angels Academy’s Pre-K program is to provide a joy-filled environment for learning and play which will develop in your child, not only a sense of wonder, but a desire to become a virtuous person. To this end, our Pre-K schooling will consist basically of two parts:
- Time will be devoted to traditional preschool activities which will serve to stimulate the senses by way of storytelling, art, music and play. Various learning centers will be provided. Outdoor play will be included at various times. The lessons and activities in part will be based on the preschool level of the Catholic Heritage Curricula.
- The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd is based on the Montessori Method which fosters a certain freedom for children to pursue interests while developing self-control. The Atrium itself is designed with materials and activities which help the children develop a love for Christ and His Church. The children learn and appreciate their Catholic Faith by way of “hands-on” involvement. For example, a child may use a miniature size prayer table, bible, chalice, chasuble or baptism shell – to name only a few items.
As our teacher, Mrs. Rose Doane, says:
“Early childhood is a unique and important time in the life of the human soul… It reminds me of a seed that has just been planted which only needs exposure to, and interaction with, the necessary elements, to begin to grow into a healthy and flourishing plant.”
Our hope is that our little boys and girls, who have been created in the image and likeness of God, begin to grow into healthy and flourishing human beings.
Daily Schedule of Activities:
|7:45 - 8:00||Morning Arrival & Welcome|
|8:00 - 8:15||Prayers & Pledge of Allegiance|
|8:15 - 8:45||Literature & Art Appreciation
- Stories will be read aloud to the children which highlight truth, beauty and goodness.
- Aspects of the stories will be discussed to develop reading readiness and a love of literature.
- Artwork which represents the true, the good, and the beautiful will be shown to the children in order to develop their enjoyment and appreciation of fine art.
|8:45 - 9:00||Music & Movement
Songs, fingerplay, rhymes, and poetry.
|9:00 - 9:45||Free Play/Centers
Children will have the opportunity to play with one another and individually at various centers which include, but are not limited to: Blocks, Dramatic Play, Art, Play Dough.
|9:45 - 10:15||Bathroom Break, Wash Hands, and Snack Time|
|10:15 - 10:45||Alphabet Lesson, Number Lesson, and Arts & Crafts|
|10:45 - 11:15||Gross Motor Play/Outside Time on the Playground|
|11:15 - 11:30||Prayer & Dismissal of 8 - 11:30 AM Group
When the K-12 school dismisses at 12 PM, this group will still dismiss at 11:30 AM.
|11:30 - 12:15||Varied Learning Activity Time
Includes games, art projects, science experiments, visiting the chapel, etc.
May be outdoors, weather permitting.
|12:15 - 1:00||Lunch & Recess
Recess may be outdoors, weather permitting.
|1:00 - 1:15||Story Time & Discussion/Sharing|
|1:15 - 2:15||Nap & Individual Quiet Time|
|2:15 - 2:45||Free Play, Prayer, and Dismissal
Pick up in main foyer of school.
“The thing that I will miss the most is all of the innocence that Holy Angels preserves in all of these kids.”
– Jared, Junior
See it for yourself
Take a Campus Tour
The best way to find out if Holy Angels is the right partner for you in the education of your child is to meet us and see our school for yourself.